CALL FOR PAPERS
The Journal of Islamic Philosophy is now accepting submissions for upcoming issues. The journal is interested in papers on both ancient and modern Islamic philosophical topics. The emphasis is upon creating a link between traditional Islamic philosophy and contemporary philosophy. The following guide provides the scope of specialized figures and topics.
|Topics and issues:||Important Muslim philosophers / thinkers:|
Asharism and Maturidism
Philosophy of Education
Philosophy of Religion
Philosophy of Science
Sufism and Philosophy
Women and Philosophy
Abu Bakr al-Rāzī
Fakhr al-dīn al-Rāzī
Shah Wali Allah
|Other influential philosophers / thinkers, as they relate to,
or in comparison with Islamic philosophy:
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
- Please include a 200- to 300-word abstract, as online philosophy search databases contain only abstracts and not the complete work. Click here for more information on writing a good abstract.
- List of key terms in the article. (optional)
- Submissions are welcome from anyone working in the field: professors, scholars, students. Submissions may be of any reasonable length (under forty pages), and must meet professional and academic standards, suitable for publication.
- We follow the IJMES transliteration system please use it. Consult our style guide (link). Commonly used abbreviations for often cited works. (link)
- See Guidelines on Writing a Philosophy Paper: Link1, link2 (pdf), link3:
- Please include COMPLETE citations in embedded footnotes; bibliographies are not included, so footnotes must be complete. English is strongly preferred.
- The journal follows the Chicago Manual of Style (15th ed. or later) for citations and general style guidelines.
- Articles should be submitted in Gentium font with transliterations as necessary. The Gentium font is an open-source font and works on both PCs and Macs. Font may be downloaded from: https://software.sil.org/gentium/ and directly from here: https://software.sil.org/gentium/download/
- The Journal of Islamic Philosophy reserves the right to make necessary editorial and design changes for publication.
- Include with your email your name, university or organizational affiliation, mailing address, telephone/fax number, and a working e-mail address. In case of changes to any of this information during the editorial process please inform us immediately. As most of the contact will be through e-mail be sure that we always have your latest email.
- All submissions must be uploaded as a digital file format via the submission form below
- Submissions must be sent in Microsoft Word format editable format. PDF only submissions are not acceptable.
- If there are any questions regarding format and style, please email the editor: email@example.com
Article Submission Form: Use the form below to submit your article for consideration.